It’s no secret that there are many DIY guides for website search engine optimisation floating around on the internet. For small business owners and companies in Singapore, these guides could serve as great starting points for maintaining their online presence.
Finding the most cost-efficient ways to stay up to date with today’s marketing techniques is, after all, of utmost importance. But is doing everything yourself really the only option for webmasters on a budget?
Why do you need an SEO Consultant?
Nowadays, it’s not hard for complete SEO beginners to do some research and put together a marketing strategy for their business or company site.
In fact, we even have our own basic guide to help business owners in Singapore kickstart their SEO keyword planning and marketing campaign here. If this is the case, some new website owners might be wondering why they need to hire an SEO consultant at all.
While many of those online references offer a basic idea of what SEO entails, they can be limited and offer little insight into the effort that should go into the process. Conducting good keyword research is just the first step of any online marketing campaign and maintaining a constant flow of quality web content can be a time-consuming process for anyone to do alone.
How long would it take to see SEO results?
It can take anywhere from six up to twelve months before the positive (or negative) effects of your search engine optimisation can be observed on your website’s rankings on SERPs. Not including the amount of trial and error it takes to find an SEO strategy that is the perfect fit for your website’s needs.
Here are some good reasons to consider seeking the help of an SEO consultant:
- Efficiency- Why pay for something when you can get it for free online, right? While many beginner-friendly guides for doing SEO exist, it’s dangerous to treat these as the final blueprints for your marketing work. Making rookie mistakes can be costly. Having too many conflicting sources of information only leads to confusion. Without a deeper understanding of SEO you may end up gambling your time (and most importantly, your money) on a stranger’s solution to someone else’s problem.
- Up-to-date expertise– The abundance of DIY guides online can be a double-edged sword. After all, efficient marketing isn’t always about trying everything and seeing what sticks. The best “SEO hacks” this year could be obsolete the next and it’s easy to fall into the trap of using ineffective and outdated practices. Part of an SEO consultant’s job is to keep up with the ever-changing trends and technologies to provide clients with reliable advice where it is needed.
- Clear direction – Having no clear marketing direction means giving your competition the advantage. Experienced professionals have a better grasp of which approach to use based on evaluations of your company or business’ goals, competition and target market. They also have the expertise needed to interpret abstract sets of data to analyse how well (or not) an SEO campaign is doing and know what to adjust if you encounter a problem.
- Personalised planning – There is no one-size-fits-all approach to SEO. Generally, guides found online are either too vague or too broad to apply to locally targetted audiences like your potential customers in Singapore. While basic guides are made to benefit everyone, they can also be solutions for someone else’s problem and may not necessarily address the specific needs of your country or business.
- Objective perspective– An outsider from your company or business has the advantage of seeing your goals and plans from an objective perspective. This impartial outlook increases accountability for any work done and enables SEO consultants to spot errors quicker with no biases clouding their judgement.
- Long term benefits – More than just temporarily boosting your website traffic, a seasoned professional can suggest, plan and implement SEO practices that ensure long-lasting positive effects for your company or business. An effective SEO strategy doesn’t just draw in new clients, it also reinforces brand awareness and fosters loyalty among your customers.
Like what you see?
Your company can be unique in its digital marketing strategy. And that’s where we excel. We always take time to understand our client’s needs, so that we can see the big picture and advocate their objectives.